- 6:00 pm
- Meets the second Tuesday of the month
- City Hall Community Room
100 Gregory Lane
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
- Matt Cody, citizen member and Chair
- Vice Chair (appointed by Commission) - vacant
- Paul Maxwell, citizen member
- Charles Murphy, citizen member
- Kirsten Riker, citizen member
- Greg Kogler, Police Captain
- Scott Vermillion, Police Lieutenant
- Mario Moreno, City Engineer
- Greg Fuz, City Planner
Staff support to the Commission is provided by:
- Eric Hu, City Traffic Engineer
This seven-member commission, including four citizen members and three city staff members, review traffic safety problems in the community and recommend action to the City Council. The citizen members are appointed by the City Council, and they must be residents of the City with expertise in engineering, public safety, or professional pursuits which involve a technical and practical understanding of vehicular traffic systems. The length of term for citizen members is four years.
Purpose of the Commission
The purpose of the Traffic Safety Commission is to aid the City Council in the discharge of its responsibilities by:
- Conducting studies of traffic problems, and as a result of such studies, make reports and recommendations on changes in policy and/or administration when such changes are deemed appropriate.
- Holding meetings with representatives from neighborhoods, shopping areas or other areas of the City to hear suggestions and concerns, then studying the situation(s) and considering ways to improve traffic conditions and enhance public safety.
- Working through the various departments of the City and other local governments to implement recommended changes that can be implemented by administrative action.
- Initiating traffic studies in the absence of a specific complaint or request to anticipate and solve traffic problems for pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists.