- Feature Links
- Community Awards
Pleasant Hill Community Awards Night
The 46th Annual Community Awards Night will be held on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at the Pleasant Hill Community Center on Civic Drive. The event includes awards for Citizen of the Year, Business Person of the Year, Teen of the Year, Teacher of the Year, Mayor’s Award, several Green Awards and others.
The nomination process is now closed and the following persons and organizations have been nominated for the 2016 awards:
Business Person of the Year - Jeff Clark (Steven's Printing) and Jeffrey Hall (Law Offices)
Citizen of the Year - Sherry Cartmill, Joe Stokley and Allen Vinson
Community Plus Award - Talli Pitcher
Educator of the Year - Jenn Larson-Guerra, Kate Thomas, Eric Utler and Raj Virk
Green Business Award - Connie Anderson (Anderson Organizing) and Crestwood Healing Center
Green Community Award - Chloe De Lancie (Crestwood Healing Center), MDUSD Farm to School Program and Rodgers Ranch Heritage Center
Teen of the Year - Katelyn Downing and Maggie McCoy
Tickets for Community Awards Night are available through the Chamber of Commerce by calling 687-0700 or online at www.pleasanthillca.org/tickets.
The nomination criteria are as follows:
- Citizen of the Year – nominees must be at least a 5-year resident of Pleasant Hill and have made significant contributions toward improving our community.
- Business Person of the Year – candidates must be in business for at least three years in Pleasant Hill and current member in good standing of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Educator of the Year – nominees must be a teacher in Pleasant Hill for at least three years.
- Teen of the Year – candidates must either live or go to school in Pleasant Hill and have a track record of volunteering in the community.
- Green Business Award — this award recognizes a company that has shown outstanding leadership in minimizing impact on the environment and creating a sustainable future through conservation and waste reduction.
- Green Community Award — this Award recognizes an individual or organization that has shown outstanding leadership in sustainability through education and activism in Pleasant Hill.
For more information or questions about the nomination process, please call Martin Nelis at (925) 671-5229 or email him at email@example.com. Tickets for Community Awards Night will be available through the Chamber of Commerce by calling 687-0700 or online at www.pleasanthillca.org/tickets.
The winners of last year's awards were:
2015 Award Winners
Teen of the Year - Laura Maule
Educator of the Year - Liz Kim
Green Award - Anne Baker
Green Business Award - Pleasant Hill CoHousing
Community Plus Award - Mike Furtado
Business Person of the Year - Ron Jewison (UPS Store)
Citizen of the Year - Matt Rinn
Other Awards Mayor's Award - PH Fourth of July Commission
Chamber Board Appreciation Award - Scott Luke
Chamber Ambassadors of the Year - Pamela Green and Susan Wood
Rec & Park District Community Service Award - Monument Crisis Center
Rec & Park District Board Appreciation Award - Land Home Financial
Community Foundation Cornerstone Award - Bob Berggren