Community Service Day
Let's make Pleasant Hill shine!
Community Service Day 2019 will be Saturday, Sept. 28. Volunteer opportunities will be posted on this page by late August. Stay tuned!
Time to submit your project!
Sponsoring a Community Service Day project is a great way to connect with volunteers while accomplishing valuable work. Many Community Service Day volunteers become long-term supporters of their project's sponsoring agency.
The deadline to register a project is Wednesday, July 10. Click here for online registration.
Here are some project guidelines.
- Project sponsors must be non-profits, community groups, public agencies or schools.
- Projects must be located in Pleasant Hill, and be open to all community volunteers.
- Projects start at 9 a.m. on Sept. 28; ideally, projects can be done within 3 hours, although exceptions can be made.
Feel free to call Community Relations Manager Gayle Vassar at 925-671-5229 if you have questions.
About Community Service Day
Launched in 2005 by Mayor Michael Harris and the Civic Action Commission, CSD is a day where members of the community of all ages come together to volunteer their time for a variety of worthy causes and projects.
Over the past 14 years, more than 42,250 volunteer hours have been logged to improve the Pleasant Hill community. Together we have:
- Cleaned up neighborhoods, schools, parks, and creeks
- Planted scores of beautiful trees
- Landscaped parks and organic gardens
- Repaired over 1,000 bicycles for donation to children
- Donated blood to save dozens of lives
- Collected over 19 tons of food for the Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano
- Helped children and seniors in need
For more information about the event, contact Gayle Vassar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (925) 671-5229.