Community Service Day
Registration now open for 2019 Community Service Day!
With many projects to choose from, Community Service Day 2019 offers something for all ages, interests and skill levels. All projects begin at 9 a.m.; most will be done by noon.
Start the day with pancakes and a T-shirt!
Join us at Pleasant Hill Park, 147 Gregory Lane, at 7:30 a.m. for a free pancake breakfast cooked by the Pleasant Hill Lions Club, and receive a commemorative T-shirt, too! (while supplies last)
QUESTIONS?: Feel free to email or call Community Relations Manager Gayle Vassar at 925-671-5229 if you have questions.
SPECIAL THANKS! Thank you to KKDV Radio for supporting Pleasant Hill's Community Service Day, and to the Pleasant Hill Lions Club for providing and preparing breakfast.
About Community Service Day
Launched in 2005 by Mayor Michael Harris and coordinated by the Civic Action Commission, CSD is a day where members of the community of all ages come together to volunteer their time for a variety of worthy causes and projects.
Over the past 14 years, more than 42,250 volunteer hours have been logged to improve the Pleasant Hill community. Together we have:
- Cleaned up neighborhoods, schools, parks, and creeks
- Planted scores of beautiful trees
- Landscaped parks and organic gardens
- Repaired over 1,000 bicycles for donation to children
- Donated blood to save dozens of lives
- Collected over 19 tons of food for the Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano
- Helped children and seniors in need
For more information about the event, contact Gayle Vassar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (925) 671-5229.