Senior Van Information
Pleasant Hill Senior Van Service
The Senior Van Service is an alternative means of travel for Pleasant Hill seniors run entirely by friendly, reliable, capable volunteers.
Fare: $1.50 each way. For your convenience, 10-ride fare cards are available for purchase. Please call the reservation line below for an order form.
For reservations, call 671-5272 one business day in advance of the ride. (For a ride the day after a holiday, please call the last business day before the holiday.)
The City temporarily stopped service during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the safety our of passengers and dedicated volunteers. We are currently planning to restart service on a limited schedule (listed below) beginning on October 26th.
If you need resource referrals, please call 2-1-1 or leave a message on the Senior Van Service line at (925) 671-5272.
TEMPORARY Reduced Service Beginning October 26, 2020:
Monday: Concord, Martinez, and Walnut Creek for medical and dental appointments
Wednesday: Pleasant Hill
Pick-ups scheduled on the hour at 10 am, 11 am, 1 pm and 2 pm.
Due to the U.S. coin shortage, riders are requested to have exact change or purchase a 10-ride card.
Rules and Policies
- All riders must wash their hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before entering the van.
- All riders must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while inside the van.
- All riders must ride in the back seat behind the plastic partition.
- All riders must self-evaluate before their ride for fever, cough or flu symptoms and cancel their ride if any symptoms are present.
- A rider must be a resident of Pleasant Hill and at least 55 years of age. If unable to board or depart the van unassisted, one aide or caretaker may travel with the passenger without paying an additional fare. There is no charge for service animals (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)).
- Reservations must be made one business day before you ride (Monday rides must call on the Friday before). Reservations are taken weekdays only from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Anyone wishing to use the van service must first register. Forms are available at City Hall, 100 Gregory Lane, by calling (925) 671-5272, or by clicking here for a fillable PDF (after filling in the form electronically, please print, sign, and return it to the Senior Van Service). Please allow up to one week for the application to be received and reviewed; a welcome letter will be sent once the application has been approved.