- 7:00 pm
- Fourth Wednesday each month
- Large Community Room at City Hall, 100 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas
Current Commissioners & School Assignments
Each Commissioner is tasked with liaising with at least one school in the Pleasant Hill area. This normally requires meeting monthly with the school Principal and other staff to ensure constant communication between the school and the commission. Listed below are the current commissioners and their school assignments:
- Mary Gray, Chair, Sequoia Elementary
- Jennifer Andersen, Vice Chair, Hidden Valley Elementary
- Joe Alvarez,
- Tracy Ervin-Lowery, Sequoia Middle School
- Peter Hutcheson, Valhalla Elementary
- Joann Jacobs, College Park High School
- Michael Johnson, Pleasant Hill Elementary
- Gina Leone,
- John Matthesen, DVC, City Council & MDUSD
- Kelly St. Germain, Valley View Middle School
- Linda Waters, Gregory Gardens Elementary
You may also contact the Education Commission Staff Liaison Martin Nelis at (925) 671-5229, with questions or comments.
This commission advises the City Council on fostering cooperation and communication with the Mt. Diablo Unified School District, other local agencies and businesses. Members must reside in either Valley View or Pleasant Hill Middle School attendance areas and need not be a City resident. Length of term is normally four years. The commission is comprised of at least nine members but the City Council may appoint as many as thirteen at any one time.